LEVEL 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business
Accounting and finance are at the very heart of business operations. From banking to manufacturing, from huge service industries to micro businesses, the ability to manage, plan and account for money is still the ultimate measure of business success and the key driver of growth.
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required by a middle manager in an organisation that may be involved in the areas of business strategy, financial management, financial reporting, financial planning/control and human resource management. Learners will also integrate their knowledge and skills and learn about the world of Business start-ups and how to develop a business plan.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant Level 4 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the institute this experience prior to registering for the programme)
Learners are expected to be able to demonstrate English language comprehension at one of the following assessment approved tests:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) 51
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
NOTE: If the student has not taken one of the above English tests, he/she will be invited to take the Institute’s English test. This test is free for all our prospective students.
OTHM qualifications at Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Principles and Concepts of Business Strategy (20 credits)
- Financial Management (20 credits)
- Financial Planning and Control (20 credits)
- Financial Reporting (20 credits)
- The Management of Human Resources (20 credits
- Business Start-up: Conception to Market (20 credits)
Diploma Duration : 9 months
Fees : 4500 per year
Intake : October Intake – January Intake