Level 4 Diploma Information Technology
The Information Technology diploma is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop a broad base of knowledge and skills that will enable them to work in a variety of roles in the IT industry.
The program will focus on topics such as cyber security, computer programming, web and mobile applications, computer and network technology, systems analysis and design and managing digital information.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 3 Diploma or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the institute regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
Learners are expected to be able to demonstrate English language comprehension at one of the following assessment approved tests:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) 51
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
NOTE: If the student has not taken one of the above English tests, he/she will be invited to take the Institute’s English test. This test is free for all our prospective students.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Cyber Security (20 credits)
- Principles of Computer Programming (20 credits)
- Systems Analysis and Design (20 credits)
- Web and Mobile Applications (20 credits)
- Computer and Network Technology (20 credits)
- Managing Digital Information (20 credits)
Diploma Duration : 9 months
Fees : 4500 euros per year
Intake : October Intake – January Intake