Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
This course enables learners to develop their knowledge of theories applicable
to management in the tourism and hospitality industry. It enables learners to make well-informed and confident decisions about the management of work areas
in the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Relevant Level 3 Diploma or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the institute regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
Learners are expected to be able to demonstrate English language comprehension at one of the following assessment approved tests:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) 51
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
NOTE: If the student has not taken one of the above English tests, he/she will be invited to take the Institute’s English test. This test is free for all our prospective students.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree program.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Academic Writing and Research Skills (20 credits)
- Business Environment for Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Services Marketing in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Sustainability in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Events Management (20 credits)
- The Development of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry (20 credits)
Diploma Duration : 9 months
Fees : 4500 per year
Intake : October Intake – January Intake