Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to enable learners’ development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry, with a lifelong-learning orientation. It enables learners to critically apply contemporary knowledge and theories to the management of complex problems. Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the specialist skills and technical terminology to develop their management skills and to progress to further study or employment.
These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 4 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 3 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the institute regarding this experience prior to registering for the program)
Learners are expected to be able to demonstrate English language comprehension at one of the following assessment approved tests:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) 51
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5
NOTE: If the student has not taken one of the above English tests, he/she will be invited to take the Institute’s English test. This test is free for all our prospective students.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Digital Marketing Management for Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Operations Management (20 credits)
- Management Accounting (20 credits)
- Management of Human Resources (20 credits)
- Customer Relationship Management (20 credits)
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
Diploma Duration : 9 months
Fees : 4500 per year
Intake : October Intake – January Intake